Estimator’s primary duty is to grow the company by achieving sales and profitability objectives for new projects and clientele through comprehensive cost estimating and project award. Estimator will accomplish this under general direction of the Estimating and Purchasing Manager.
Principle ESTIMATING ACTIVITIES responsibilities:
· Support all aspects of subcontractor and supplier estimating and bidding processes.
· Process RFP, RFQ, and internal pricing request and facilitate broadcast announcements of bidding opportunity.
· Competently draft, proof, audit, and deliver both private and public proposals.
· Work with Project Managers, Marketing, and Accounting staff coordinating contributions from all into Proposals.
· Qualify sub-tier bids for completeness and compliance.
· Ensure company compliance with bidding regulations and goals of each project. (Section 3, advertising, etc.)
· Develop, prepare, coordinate, and execute presentations and proposals to existing or new clients.
· Work on multiple company bids simultaneously and delivering in accordance with deadline objectives. Operate and maintain proficiency in all internal estimating systems, technologies, and software.
· Minimizes exposure and risk by implementing quality assurance controls in estimating. Promptly reports changes (discoveries) in scope and revenue to senior management.
· Identify and execute strategic opportunities within proposal to optimize Pavilion’s position in securing the work.
Principle NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT responsibilities:
· Promote Pavilion Construction to owners, developers, planners, architects, engineers, and any appropriate sales lead by increasing brand awareness, engaging new clients, coordinating public relations efforts, participating in professional and/or industry organizations;
· Identify new business growth opportunities both projects and clientele, both private and public sector.
· Identify, retrieve, comprehend and administer RFQ and RFP solicitations.
· Works with other key personnel on business development leads and strategies.
· Build and manage long term relationships and partnerships with clients, architectural, and engineering principals; Build and manage relations with sub-tier respondents (subs/suppliers)
· Secondary duty assist in qualifying project leads from multiple sources, including: web based postings, public agency opportunities, printed publications, contacts, etc. and route projects of opportunity to project executive staff.
Secondary PURCHASING and PROJECT MANAGER SUPPORT responsibilities:
· Assist Project Executives/Managers with the procurement of subcontractors and suppliers.
· Assist project management staff with written “scopes of work” to be included in subcontract.
· Assist in presentation of relevant bidding and award information to project management staff necessary for start-up and seamless transition from estimating to field operations, through document transfer and formal discussion.
· Assist PEs and PMs analyze and evaluate cost impact quantification for changes to company’s contract scope.
· Promptly reports changes (discoveries) in scope and revenue to senior management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong multi-tasking ability
· Detail Oriented
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent negotiating skills
· Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, PrimeBid
· Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge
· None at time of hire
Training / Employee Development Responsibilities:
· Continuing Education to expand knowledge base, currency regarding estimating software
· Airline and automobile travel required
· Work in an office and field environment
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds
· Must be able to sustain posture in a seated position for prolong periods of time
· Must be able to verbally communicate
· Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other business machines
Reports to: Estimating and Purchasing Manager