Job Description - This individual has little or no prior experience as a millwright/rigger and is going through the process of training and attaining all licenses and/or certificates as needed to become a Millwright/Rigger. The Apprentice works to assist the Operations Manager, acting Foreman and/or the Journeyman and Millwright/Riggers as instructed by the acting Foreman on projects. This individual demonstrates above average ability on a daily basis to listen, learn and take instruction. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Adhere to all Company policies, standards and procedures including, but not limited to customer relations, Company Mission Statement, dress code, training requirements, etc.
· Listen and take job assignments from the acting Foreman or Journeyman or Millwright/Riggers as instructed by the acting Foreman or Operations Manager.
· Ensure compliance with NRI and customer safety procedures at all times.
· Learn to and assist with keeping worksites clean at all times.
· Learn to and assist with working jobs efficiently without sacrificing safety and/or quality of workmanship.
· Learn to and always work utilizing proper safety procedures and/or standards set for by NRI and customers.
· Notify the acting Foreman, Journeyman, Millwright/Rigger and/or Operations Manager immediately if anyone is not utilizing proper safety procedures and/or standards set by NRI and customers.
· 0+ years of rigging/millwright experience.
· Must pass a background check with no felony convictions.
· Prior to employment at Northeast Riggers, must possess and maintain in good standing a valid driver license and medical card (per DOT) and OSHA 10 certification.
· Within the first 5 days of employment, must take and pass test for forklift and aerial lift licenses and must have passed all required customer safety tests.
· Within the first 6 months of employment, must have completed all Safety related job training per NRI Training Matrix.
· Must have read and signed company handbook and have working knowledge of company standards and procedures.